Friday, February 18, 2011

Me? Conflicts? Never!

First of all, just a quick update on my goal from last week! I had a chance to meet with a sister in my ward that had asked me a few questions and needed help with a few things. It was awesome. And in the long run, she ended up helping me find a few of my talents and she completely made my day. It is always amazing to me how serving others can bless my life so much.
So this week we talked about something that is a little hard for me and is something that I will work to improve: CONFLICT. First of all, when it comes to arguments, for the most part I am a very passive person. If it is not a topic I am extremely interested in, I would rather just let the other person be right. On Monday we discussed ways that we can solve conflict. I'm not going to lie, I am not very good at confronting people. I am way too afraid that I will hurt someone's feelings and I really don't like doing that.
On Wednesday we participated in little skits where we had a problem and then had to figure out how to solve it. I realized that in my leadership role as Relief Society president one of the problems that I often face is girls not wanting to do their Visiting Teaching. One thing I chose to do at the beginning of the semester (when the girls were getting new assignments) was to pair girls who didn't always do their VT with girls who had always been valiant in completing it. This is one approach to conflict resolution: fix the problem before it can even be started.
My goal for this next week is to find a girl who is not doing her VT and offer to do anything I can to help... even if it includes me going with her to get it done. That way they will see that I really do care about all of the sisters in my ward.
Well, I hope this week goes well and that I am able to solve a few problems. I will continue to work on being more confident in confronting people but always doing it in a kind way.

No comments:

Post a Comment