Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hold The ROPE!

I really loved this week's classes and the things we learned and the activities we did! For my entire life, I have always been a member of a team and to me there is nothing more fulfilling than being successful as a team.
In high school, I had the opportunity to play on many sports teams including soccer, basketball, and track! In basketball we were back-to-back state champions. The first year we won state, our theme of the tournament was "Hold the Rope." It was a story of trust, team work, and commitment. The story goes somewhat like this:
If you were dangling off a cliff and the only thing you had between you and death was a rope, who would you want holding on to the other end? You would want someone you trust. Someone you know would never let go and would do anything to make sure you made it to safety.
We then went on to compare this to our team and how we could trust anyone on our team to hold the end of the rope. How we knew that together we could do anything. That year we went undefeated and made friendships that will last a lifetime.

This experience has taught me a lot. I have learned the value of working together as a team and how everyone has to have a common goal in mind in order to be successful. As I try and apply these things I have learned from past experiences and also from the 5 Dysfunctions of a Team, I think the one aspect I want to work hardest on is trust!
I strongly believe that trust is the foundation that every interaction is based on. If I can build the trust of the sisters in my ward, then maybe I can be able to better help them and their needs. This week I will look for little ways to serve the sisters in my ward and better build their trust!
HAVE A VERY HAPPY WEEK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment