Saturday, January 22, 2011

A History of LIFE

This week we learned about historical leaders throughout history. It was really cool to look at some of the traits that have made these leaders last through time. They were influential and had a group of people that wanted to follow them. It was interesting to see that not all leaders did good things but all found a group of people that would follow them and then influenced them to do what they wanted. Some gave great speaches and others led with love.
As I apply some of the qualities that great leaders had in the past to my current role, I realize that I work on some of these daily. I know that I probably won't ever become a famous person but there is one thing that I know for sure... the leadership qualities I am working to acquire now will last forever. No matter where I go and what I become, I am going to influence people around me. Right now as I work at becoming a better Relief Society President, I hope that I can be a leader that influences people to reach their full potential. I hope that something I do will benefit some of the girls in my ward. Through all of this I have learned that we all grow from each other and I hope to be an example to all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment