Friday, January 14, 2011

Knowledge of the week

Today we were asked to blog about what we learned from lecture on Monday and how to apply it. I think the lesson that I learned most was that there are so many qualities that a leader can have. Sometimes it is a bit overwhelming. I came to realize that it would be extremely difficult to have all of those different qualities. This is why we work in groups... sometimes others can do something that I can't. Leting someone else lead is part of becoming a good leader. As I work on my new leadership role, I plan to try and incorporate more of these qualities into my work. I hope to be able to take the iniative when it seems like everything is a jumbled mess. I also hope to become more supportive of others ideas. Communication is key. Without it everything else falls apart. These are just a few of my goals to start the semester off. I obviously don't have all of the qualities of a good leader but that doesn't mean I can't work on attaining more.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts! The humility to realize that none of us have ALL of those qualities allows us to trust and involve others in our leadership - SO important! And I love the goals you're starting the semester with. :)

    ReplyDelete